Friday, July 15, 2011

Salted Carmel Butter Bars

The other night I was playing on Pinterest (my obsession, seriously) and I found a picture of some sort of bar that I thought looked delish, so I did some more clicking (I love the internet) and found this adorable blog (click here for full recipe and instructions) and the recipe for what turned out to be salted caramel butter bars. they. are. so. good. I would try to just cut a small  bite-sized piece from the pan, but would end up camping out in the kitchen doing algebra eating way too much of this delicious creation. 
Mix the ingredients for the crust and topping. (The recipe calls for a pound of butter, so you can only imagine how good it tastes...)

  
Presssss the dough into a pan to make the crust and bake for bit. 

Mix and melt the caramels, milk and vanilla.  Please excuse the Christmas bakeware. 

After the crust bakes for a bit, pour the melted caramel mixture over the crust and salt it (you're probably saying, "salt? whaaaat?" but it keeps it from being too sweet, just trust me) then begin crumbling the remaining dough that has been chilling in the refrigerator over the top and pop back in the oven.

                                                            
                                          Final product before it was devoured! 


Love, 
Carencaramelpants

No comments:

Post a Comment