Monday, November 28, 2011

Buster

I have a beagle and this story made me want to adopt all of the dogs. We got Buster when I was in third grade. I was actually scared of dogs. Like really, really scared. But I still begged and begged for a dog.
On December 23rd, My mom woke me and said we had an early present from Santa, so naturally Mike and I ran downstairs and my dad set a beagle puppy, no bigger than a baseball glove on the floor. I ran upstairs and jumped on my bed because I was so afraid. I slowly got over my fear in the next few weeks and was able to pick him up without worrying he would bite me. He was so little he slept inside my dad's button down flannel shirt the first few weeks with us. Over the years he's become a true member of our family, we even celebrate his birthday. My mom even sings about him sometimes.
     These dogs have never seen the sunlight, or roll around in the grass, or been cuddled by a human. I can't imagine Buster not being able to run around our backyard or never interacting with anyone. I hope all these dogs can find a loving home and bring someone the joy Buster has brought us.


Peace. Love. Beagles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment