Saturday, December 8, 2012

Mexican Pizza

I am a huge fan of Mexican food. (Actually, there are very few types of food I don't like...) I bought some ground beef at the store the other day because I was really craving taco lettuce wraps (I modify them, but still so good!) and Mexican pizza. 
I always end up having a lot of left over ground beef, and I can only push so much of it on my roommates. Mexican pizza is the perfect way to use left over ground beef. (Side note: Normally, I would just freeze the leftovers, but I'm trying to clean my stuff out of the freezer before break.) This is a simple, but satisfying dinner that is perfect for busy nights, or Margarita night in with friends. 
Let's be honest, who wouldn't want pizza AND nachos at the same time? 

Spread a little olive oil on the pizza crust and sprinkle on a few handfuls of shredded cheese. I use the Pizza Blend from Wal-Mart and Boboli's Pizza crust. 

Brown ground beef, add onions (the quality of my phone camera doesn't show them- sorry!) and taco seasoning.  I use Old El Paso, but any kind will work. I only use a little because I don't like things to be too spicy. 


Spread ground beef on top of pizza and pop in the oven at 450 for about 8 minutes. 
While the pizza is in the oven, I make a chunky salsa with avocado, tomato, onion.  (This is also really good on tortilla chips!) 


I like to mix a little store bought salsa with sour cream and do little dollops all over the pizza before spreading the homemade stuff. This is definitely optional, but I like it because it can get a little dry without a sauce. Plus I'm a big fan of sour cream with Mexican food.
The nice thing about this meal is that you can modify it however you'd like. Add some hot sauce or refried beans if that's what you like. 

Another thing I like about this is it isn't so terrible for you. You could use low fat cheese and light sour cream. This will last me a couple days and I bring my lunch almost every day, so it's nice to have something already made. (I make my lunch the night before, so I love bringing leftover, already made dinners) 

My goal next time I make this is to also try making homemade Strawberry Daiquiris. 

What's your favorite Mexican dish? 

1 comment:

  1. Um, everything! I love Mexican food. And this looks delicious - I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete