Monday, April 25, 2011

Waffles and Syrup

Sorry I've been neglecting Carenpants recently. I'm. So. Burnt. Out. This has been a rough semester and I will be thrilled when it's over. (18 days in case you were wondering.) My countdown is looking better each day though and I know I really need to focus and just get stuff done, but it's so hard not to think about summer and all the things I want to do. Also, it's been rainy and gross and it makes me want to nap all day. I went home this weekend for Easter and spent a lot of quality time with the fam watching Harry Potter and Modern Family and it was extremely relaxing and made me even less motivated. I also hung out with Ryan, which brings me to the point of this post: waffles and syrup. Luke was eating waffles on Modern Family and we really wanted some. As I was expertly preparing the waffles, Ryan asked me why I was microwaving the syrup and I was like, "Excuse me? What else are you supposed to do with it?" He doesn't heat up his syrup. So naturally I had to take a poll on Twitter to prove Ryan wrong, but I was disappointed to find most of my friends do not heat their syrup. I still can't believe it. I was telling my family about it and we started talking about our family food traditions and I thought I'd share some with you:

1. Junior Mints in popcorn. It's best to add them as soon as you make the popcorn so they melt. You're welcome. 
2. Sugar and butter on French Toast. No syrup here. Just perfection.
3. Cinnamon rolls on every holiday morning. Thank you mom :)
4. Salsa and Sour Cream mixed together. It's perfect because it tones down the salsa.
5. A Wish Sandwich. You get two pieces of bread and you wish you had some meat, although I don't know why you would wish for meat when Nutella exists. Obviously this is not a real thing, but something my Dad suggests to further irritate hungry members of my family.


I'm curious to hear other family food traditions!
Love,
Carenimsohungrynowpants

No comments:

Post a Comment