Sunday, February 24, 2013

Running is fun?

Training for a 5K...again. 

My roommate is planning one for her capstone class and I really want to be able to run it. I'm doing the couch to 5K program and it's more manageable than I thought. 

 I did have a really hard time setting a pace and breathing at first. I was trying to do that thing where you take a breath for every three steps, but I thought my heart was going to explode so now I don't even think about breathing and have slowed down so much that an onlooker may confuse it for fast walking. 

The worst part of working out for me is walking to the gym. I was able to run outside the past two Sundays and that was great, but our neighborhood is still really snowy and that sounds like absolutely no fun. And neither does walking to the gym and changing out of rain boots and being in public. 

We drove yesterday and I was totally dreading the intervals, but I felt really good after and was able to justify my late night eating. 

Now that I have put this on my blog, I really have to do it because that would be embarrassing if I didn't since I just told the internet. 

I think if I actually do this 5K, I am going to buy myself this sweatshirt: 



Although, I'd prefer to get this one if they ever get it back in stock: 

I would normally never ever spend that much on a sweatshirt, but if I can complete a 5K I will get it for myself because that is something I would normally never ever do and it would be a huge accomplishment for me. I've also wanted this sweatshirt for forever. 

Maybe I should put a dollar in my "Happy Camper" sweatshirt fund every time I run? Then I would have...$18. 

Ok I'm still on my couch and feeling like the worst person ever because this 101-year-old just ran his last marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment