Saturday, October 22, 2011

Silk Milk

This semester has been insane. I often find myself on the verge of a breakdown because I don't have any downtime. (You're probably thinking, she has a blog, so obviously she has downtime. I'm blogging on a Saturday night people, don't judge.) Anyway, every week I tell myself, "this week will be better, this week will be better." This week never is better though. My planner starts out looking manageable, but by Monday afternoon, it looks like someone tripping on acid attacked it with a pink pen. It was me, except I wasn't tripping on acid. Anyway, I think this week might actually be better. (I hope I don't jinx it) I have a proposal, quiz and article due Tuesday, a short story (minimum of 6-8 pages, but I'm planning on more) due on Wednesday, an article due Wednesday an exam on Thursday, plus some reading and six one page peer critiques. I only have one meeting as of right now! It's actually looking like a light week. 
This week I am going to take care of myself. 
I've made some goals for myself. 
1. Get to bed by 11 every night. This goal will be the hardest to reach. Usually I stay up late to do homework, but sometimes, I just need to veg out. I'm tired of being tired. 
2. Eat well regularly. I stocked up on a lot of healthy snacks including veggies, hummus, yogurt, *silk milk  apples and bananas. 

durhamradionews.com
freerundiscount.com
3. No soda. Ok maybe this will the hardest goal to reach. I didn't drink soda unless we went out to dinner until I got to college. Now I'm tired all the time and reach for the nearest caffeine source. I'm hoping since I'll be getting more rest, I won't need it. I am allowing coffee and tea since somedays I'm up before the sun  and have full days of classes. I already drink a lot of water, but hopefully this will make me drink more. Lack of water gives me a major headache. 
4. Workout every day. I feel so much better when I do. 
5. Relax. We have a special going on at my work right now on our massage chairs. It's usually $12 for 10 minutes, but we have a two for one going on, so I bought sessions. Definitely going to use it this week. 

*I tried Very Vanilla Silk Milk tonight. It's. so. good. I have a dining plan and I can exchange points for things like milk, small microwavable meals and other snacks at this cute little grocery like place. I have a lot of extra points, so I thought I'd try Silk Milk (4 points vs. regular milk for 2). I needed more calcium, so I'm really excited for it to taste so good! 



No comments:

Post a Comment