Wednesday, February 1, 2012

We're all in this together

We all need a little help sometimes. Last week, I realized I was about to run out of a bunch of stuff (like toothpaste, moisturizer, etc.) and I'm not going home for another month. I also don't have my car, so I asked my roomie, Paige, to take me Wal-Mart after we saw a movie. She happily agreed and did me a huge favor.
Yesterday, my phone stopped working. No calls, no texts, no emails. Not only has Rose been a liaison between my mom and I, she even offered to let me use her phone. AT&T told me I would need to go the store to get a new SIM card for my phone to work and Rose immediately offered to drive me. 

We're all in this together. Those times of selflessness and sacrifice make such a difference. Pay it forward, I know I will.

(Unrelated: I think the name of this album is pretty interesting, Awake is the new asleep. I think it's pretty true. I can't stand the "I'll sleep when I'm dead mentality. I stayed up way too late last night and I'm kicking myself today. My goal for tonight is before midnight!) 

Have you gone out of your way recently to help someone? 

Love, 
Caroline 

1 comment:

  1. Not recently, but thanks for reminding me that I should make an effort! :)

    ReplyDelete