Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bonjour!

The other night my mom was watching Eat. Pray. Love. (which I'm in the middle of reading...) and it made me nostalgic for France. Consequently, I had a dream about my France trip and woke up thinking about it, and then I walked into my family room to find Giada Delaurentis making crepes, which of course sent me deeper into my France nostalgia. (Side note- while in Paris, we made a few trips to a petite supermarket near our hotel and I cannot for the life of me remember what is was. It was something very French and I recall saying it over and over again because it sounded so cool. Oy vey.) Anyway, the next day before I headed into a very long day at work (front desk at a pool on memorial day, you can imagine...) my family made crepes! My mom took a crepes class a long time ago, so we dug out the recipe and said, "Bon Appetite!" I put Marscapone and strawberries in mine. My parents experimented with peach preserves and grape jelly. Of course we added a little powered sugar.


Some recipes instruct the chef to roll the crepe, but the crepes I had in France were folded similar to a quesadilla (which made me love them more) 

Au revoir! 
Carenpants

P.S. I finally found the name of the store: Monoprix! How adorably French is that? 
P.P.S. This posts makes me wish I had kept up on my French. Maybe I'll break out my copy of Le Petit Prince. We'll see....

No comments:

Post a Comment