Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I'm bringing Carenpants back

Sorry I have not been blogging lately. I had finals, moved home, attempted to unpack and organize, had a nice mother's day making crepes and planting flowers with my family, had a doctor's appointment, and then yesterday, I had three wisdom teeth removed. It's been a busy few days, but it's very nice to be home. I'm not in too much pain from my teeth, although I was wide awake at 5 this morning, but I took some medicine and went back to bed. 


Someone had be with me all day yesterday in case I had a bad reaction to the any of the medication, but I was fine. I'm sorry to report that the laughing gas did not make me laugh and the craziest thing I said was, "I feel like I'm wearing sunglasses," because the pressure of the mask on my nose reminded me of the pressure of sunglasses on my nose, but I don't think anyone understood that. My dentist told me I won the award for most cooperative and agreeable patient. I'm pretty proud even though I couldn't feel a single thing. 


My rockstar mom went into work before the sun so she could take me to the appointment and then waited on me hand and foot. I tried to take some Advil as soon as we got home,  but I was still too numb to even feel anything in my mouth, so she put the medicine inside a spoonful of Cherry slushy and fed it to me like a baby. My dad came home from work for a little while to check on me and we all dozed off and watched Keeping Up the Kardashians in our family room. Judge us. My brother even gave up his favorite spot on the couch for me all last night. Ryan and my friends have been checking on me a lot. I'm very lucky, thanks everyone! 


I'm hoping to be back to myself soon because I have a lot planned for the summer. For now, I'm spending a lot of time in bed to speed the recovery process up. 


I am sad to be missing the lovely weather we're having, but Ryan and I took advantage and took a long walk Monday night to get a pretzel from the mall before I couldn't chew. No camping for this girl in the near future. 
Glad to be back! 
Love, 
Carenpants 
P.S. Sorry for any typos, Vicodin makes me sleepy. 

1 comment:

  1. Haha is this title an allusion to bringing sexy back? I like it! And I hope you return to your fully functioning self soon, but until then, enjoy the relaxation time! :)

    ReplyDelete