Thursday, May 3, 2012

Hangry

This post is called "Hangry" because it's how I get when I need to eat. I often experience it while in Rollins dining hall and they are serving Corn Chowder, Swiss Steak, Catalan Pork Stew, Baked Potato bar in place of pasta bar and too many other things to name. I am very fortunate to always have enough food, so please forgive my dramatic rant. 




via caroline on pinterest 


Last night my mom texted me to tell me she was making something I'd like: cucumbers, mozzarella, tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. Mozzarella? I'm all over that. I eat pieces of mozzarella for a snack. (They have the best mozzarella balls at Aldi and they are so cheap! I <3 Aldi) Then tonight she texted me about a smoothie she made with strawberries, bananas and lemon yogurt. Yum! 

I'm so excited to go home for so many reasons, but I'm really excited to cook this summer and never eat dining hall food again. I've found so many recipes I want to try! All of these recipes can be found on my pinterest board.  

Eggplant and mozzarella melt. I think Ryan would love this.
Not. 
Nutella sandwiches. You know I'm all about the Nutella. These remind me of these amazing caramel wafers my dad brought back from Holland. SO GOOD. 


Turkey taco lettuce wraps. I don't discriminate against tacos. Ever. 


I will miss Hungry Thursday (like Thirsty Thursday, but about food) when I ruin the great workout I just did at Turbokick with garlic cheese breadsticks and a Dr. Pepper from Rollins. #cheatday. I'm really looking forward to the restaurants in St. Louis and Ryan's cheese garlic bagels. 

What's your favorite recipe? 

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that eggplant and mozzarella melt looks AMAZING. Since living on my own, I've become obsessed with quinoa and black beans. As long as I have at least one of those ingredients in my apartment, I can somehow whip up a meal. They go well with so many foods!

    ReplyDelete