Friday, May 25, 2012

Sew Cool

I'm extremely picky when it comes to...well anything I'm spending money on. It took me three months to pick out tennis shoes last summer. (I kept going back to the same pair over and over again but couldn't justify spending that much money on tennis shoes. They finally went on sale at the end of the summer and I love them!)  I want to make sure I'm getting the most for my money! 


I have a habit of thinking up articles of clothing that do not exist, or that do not exist in any of the stores I frequent or in lines I can afford. My mom will ask what I'm looking for and I'll say, "Well, I'm looking for a top that has this and this in this color." 


We never find it. I've always wanted to be able to make my own clothes and often tried with only a needle and thread. Obviously that takes forever and then I give up. I've been toying with the idea of buying a sewing machine for a long time now. I'm trying to save a lot of money this summer for rent, groceries and furnishing my apartment next year, so I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money, although I do think it will save me money in the long run because then I can just make what I want for a lot cheaper.  


I am definitely getting ahead of myself. I have this idea that I can just jump on the sewing machine and Voila! Perfectly made pieces by yours truly! I realize it will take time to learn, but I think it'd be really fun and cost effective. I'm a camp counselor, I like to make things. 


I did some browsing on Amazon and found some within my price range, but I'm still going to think long and hard about if for a few days. Does anyone have any suggestions on particular machines? I'd love any tips or suggestions! 

1 comment:

  1. I know absolutely nothing about sewing, but I think it's great you're trying this out! Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete