Monday, March 7, 2011

Money Money Monday

I'm sorry this is so late, crazy busy week!
Anyway, this Monday post will be about saving money on haircare, or more specifically, shampoo and conditioner.
1. If you are between brands, I would recommend buying the sample sizes until you pick one you want. They are a lot cheaper and smaller, so if you don't like it, you're not wasting $6.00 worth of product and taking up valuable space in the shower.
2. Once you are certain you are going to stick with a brand, I would get a big size. I got two giant bottles of Tresemee at Sam's in August and I haven't had to buy any shampoo or conditioner (ok, that's a lie, the water here turns my hair green, so I had to get swimmer's shampoo to get the chlorine out) all year. They were probably around $6.00 (if I remember correctly) for 44 ounces. I used to spend so much money on shampoo and conditioner every few months.
3. I was worried the bottles would be too big for my shower basket,  (I love college!) but no worries, they fit perfectly.
4. Sometimes buying in large quantities can be more expensive. Be sure to shop around a little bit. Places like Wal-Mart, Sam's, Target and sometimes even Walgreens have big bottles for fairly cheap.

Happy shopping,
Carengreenhair

No comments:

Post a Comment