Sunday, March 11, 2012

Refresh

I have a few tricks for instantly making myself look and feel refreshed for those days when I have about 17 minutes to myself and need to perk up! 
1. Dry Shampoo-one of my favorite products of all time. I keep a mini bottle in my cosmetic bag for my backpack and have a large one in my room. The other day I went to cycling and then work, and I got three compliments on how great my hair looked after I used it. An hour earlier, my hair had been sweaty and really flat. It's really cheap and lasts forever. 
2. Steam-I wet a washcloth with hot water, ring it out and bring it up to my face and breathe in and out (also great if you have a stuffy nose!) and it instantly makes me feel refreshed. I put on a little moisturizer because it's a little drying, but definitely a great pick me up. 
3. Cucumber Nap-I get veggie trays at the pseudo grocery store on campus and cut a cucumber slice in half and put one half on each eye and rest for 15 minutes (or however long I have) and wake up feeling really energized. 
4. Hydrate-I already drink a lot of water throughout the course of the day, but if I need a refresher, I'll drink some ice water or possibly Gatorade or green tea. 
5. Peppermint-I love peppermint, but I gave up gum because I would chew the same piece for a really long time and end up with a headache, so I switched to mints instead. I also have peppermint flavored Chapstick, and I like to pop a mint and apply some chapstick to feel fresh. 

Do you have any tricks to freshen up? 

1 comment:

  1. Yesss, thank you so much for introducing me to dry shampoo! Haha. And I always pop a mint when I'm getting tired at work. :)

    ReplyDelete