Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Fling: The white blouse

We didn't quite reach 86 degrees today and I didn't quite care what I looked like, so I rocked some pink Norts (Nike shorts) and a Cardinals hat. This is completely unrelated to the Spring Fling series, but yesterday morning on the way to pilates, my shoe got caught on the curb and I fell flat on the ground and my breakfast went flying. My mom was like, "Did a lot of people see you fall?" I said, "I don't know. I just stayed on the ground for a long time acting like I was there on purpose." I am fine, just sore today and I am using that as an excuse not to work out. Anyway, let's get back to serious business: clothes. Something I'm dying to add to my wardrobe is a white blouse. I used to think they were boring business shirts, but they are so versatile and chic! I love this top from Old Navy.

oldnavy.com
$24.00
I think this would be great with jeans, nude wedges and bright necklace. It would also be great with colored denim (another huge trend this spring!) and nude shoes. For an office look, tuck it into a patterned or bright skirt and add some gold hoops. It seems simple, but this is an extremely versatile piece and a must have! Check out the Pinterest Board for more examples. I checked my stats today (the only stats I don't hate) and Carenpants had 28 views! If you're reading, thank you! I'd love to hear from you. What are your spring essentials?

1 comment:

  1. "I just acted like I was there on purpose." Bahaha! I could totally picture you saying that!

    Also, I wrote "Norts" in a FB group the other day with some sorority sisters from other parts of the country, AND THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I MEANT! Cray-cray, I tell you. Cray.

    ReplyDelete