Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Fling

It's like 80 degrees in Columbia right now. I have no flip flops, no adorable little jeweled sandals, no Tom's, no sundresses and no cute shorts here. #smallclosetstruggles
Don't worry though, I've been getting by on jean capris, flats and cardigans.
I've seen a lot of cute looks around campus and I came up with a few pieces that I think are really good staples for a spring wardrobe. (On the cheap, of course!) These pieces are what I like to call "building pieces." They help build your outfit and can be worn with multiple things. On days when I care what I look like, I usually get dressed by selecting one thing I want to wear and then deciding what goes best with it according to the weather, occasion, my mood and level of comfort. And this is why it takes me so long to get dressed. (I try to do this night before. I like to sleep.)  I wore a uniform for 15 years, what can I say? I'm going to do a five part series on building your wardrobe for spring and everything I post will be under $30. Ya'll know I like to shop, but hate to part with my dolla bills. 

First up? One of my favorite things: The Cardigan-I love love love cardigans. I used to hate cardigans because I was required to wear them to cover up all my cute strapless dresses for any school function, but I've learned to love them. Even on 100 degree days, I still carry a cardi with me because the air conditioning is usually cranked way up. Anyway, they are so versatile. They look great with jeans and sandals, belted over a sundress, with shorts, pants or skirts. I think it's a good idea to have neutral cardigans like as black, navy, tan or gray, but I think bright colors work well too. I'm on the hunt for a turquoise cardi like this one from Target.

target.com
$19.99
 I should totally order it now because I will literally go to Target like five times over spring break, try it on, carry it around the store and put it back on the rack at the last second and then regret it forever. I just put together like 10 outfits in my head and I already have it in gray and I love the fit and it's on sale and everything I look for in a cardi. Anddd I still can't convince myself. Maybe tomorrow. Click on over tomorrow to see the next piece!

Also, check out the Pinterest Board I made for suggestions! 

Cardigan love, 
Caroline 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for this series! And making a Pinterest board to go with it is SUCH a great idea. You definitely deserve to be on my blogroll. :) So, in response to this particular piece: I am obsessed with cardigans. I wear one every day. And BUY IT. It's a great color.

    P.S. - I'm glad you kept the birds. :)

    ReplyDelete