Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Travel Tuesday: Week 4

I'm linking up with Megan at Semi-Charmed Kind of Life for week four of Travel Tuesday. Today's  prompt: What destination is at the top of your travel bucket list? Why? What do you want to do there? Do you think it will ever happen, and if so, when/how?


Through help from a lot of people, I was able to go to France when I was 17. I climbed to the top of the Eiffel Tour, which was unreal. I will admit I was a little scared because it was so high and tight. Here's an attractive picture of my friend Meghann dragging helping me up the stairs. 




Sometimes I still can't believe I had the opportunity to go and experience so much. I definitely want to visit France again, but at the top of my bucket list is Cairo, Egypt. I've always found the Pyramids fascinating. I did a powerpoint about them in grade school and have been interested ever since. I have a slight obsession with the Pyramids, the Sphinx and Egyptian culture. 


travelfusion.com


I'm very interested in wonders of the world, and the pyramids are the only remaining wonder of the ancient world. I would absolutely have to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx. Check out the tight tight tight stairwell. 


metrolic.com 


I think it will happen eventually. I hope to visit in the 15 years. The country has undergone much change due to revolution and it will be a long time before they are stable politically and financially. It will also be a long time until I'm in a place to do that, (Student loans are worth it. Student loans are worth it. Student loans are worth it.) but it will be worth the wait. I don't think the Pyramids are going anywhere. 



2 comments:

  1. The pyramids would be amazing to see in person!
    (linking up through Megan's Travel Tuesday too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for participating (again)! Egypt is definitely on my to-visit list, too — but be careful! Things aren't always the best for foreigners over there. Then again, hopefully things will calm down in the next 15 years. :)

    And I like your new design — are you sticking with this one?

    ReplyDelete