Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Travel Tuesday: Week 5

It's Travel Tuesday time! I'm on spring break and have been slacking in my blogging, but I had to get a shot this morning, so I'm using that as my excuse for everything. Anyway, today's post is all about food! 

What is the best food you’ve ever eaten abroad? What American foods do you miss the most when you’re traveling? What foreign cuisine do you like to make at home? How do you feel about eating McDonald's in other countries?


I had an interesting experience with food while I was in France. Our entire group got food poisoning! Our dinners were preselected for us to help us keep costs down and we had a bad chicken dish. The worst part was we had to eat at the restaurant again that night. My mom was worried I wouldn't eat anything abroad, so she bought me a bunch of snack size Cheez-Its and granola bars, so I avoided the main course and nommed on that stuff and of course, dessert. Crepes on crepes on crepes. Our group couldn't call it a night unless we went out for dessert. I was one of the few who spoke French in the group, so I was the expert at ordering crepes. By the end of the trip. I was really awful at speaking French on the spot.
I can't remember what food I missed most, but here's a hideous picture of me drinking Starbucks in the Chicago airport upon our return home. Please ignore the short shorts, the color of my hair and the awkward position.

I've made crepes with my family a few times. In France, they fold them, but here we roll them. Still delicious either way. I love a lot of foreign cuisine. I eat Mexican and sushi regularly. I also love Chinese, Greek and Italian. I hate hamburgers. Weirdo, I know.

I generally don't eat McDonald's, but I got a sundae when I was in France because our bus broke down on the way out of Paris in front of a Mickey D's and I get really cranky if I don't eat. Here is a picture of us camped out on the side of the road. Another glamour shot of me.


Make sure you pop over to Semi-Charmed Kind of Life to check out her hilarious anecdote about Olive Garden!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating! And I'm glad you found my post "hilarious" lol. I do love me some crepes. I remember my sister and I always ordered the ingredients we wanted in Spanish from the street carts, but they knew what we meant! And I remember thinking I was going to miss so Starbucks SO MUCH when I was in Africa this summer—because I was already addicted to caffeine at that point—but I actually didn't get it for a whole week after I got back to the States. Shocker! (African coffee is REALLY good, though, so that probably helped.)

    I hope you're having an awesome/relaxing spring break! (Minus the shot, sorry about that.)

    ReplyDelete