Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Fling: Flats

It's hot and rainy and my hair is a hot mess. Also, I cannot get Call Me Maybe out of my head. We made a late night run to Steak N Shake last night and blasted it with the windows down. Everyone around appreciated it. Today I went shopping downtown with a friend and she was talking about how she needs some in between shoes because it's too hot for boots and too cool for sandals. I was like how did you know I was going to post about that on my blog today? Flats are perfect for in between weather. I used to hate flats because they gave me blisters and they weren't outrageous enough for me. I used to buy only crazy shoes that matched two things. I still do this occasionally. I might have done it today actually.

They were on clearance and the last pair of sixes! Definitely a sign.
Also, sorry for the awful photography on my part. My edges are awful and the lighting is way off. #lifeofajmajor
For the most part, I'm pretty good about buying practical shoes, but sometimes My black pumps need a break. Anyway, flats are really useful because they are sophisticated and practical. I have a pair of cheetah flats I've had since I was in grade school. No joke people. Target! I love them. I'm looking for some nude flats (of course I saw a pair at Target for $14.00 and passed them up and now I can't find them on the website) because they are great with jeans, a colored jeans, skirts, dresses and shorts. My favorite pair has to be these cheetah print from Target. Duh.

Target.com
$11.00

I like to mine with jeans and neutral tops. I've also worn them with a simple black dress. It's a great way  to add some sass to an outfit without getting too outrageous. 
This is sort of related, but I'm reading InStyle and I don't get who they think it going to wear this stuff? Yeah, I think I'll go mermaid today. There is literally a suit in here that is sea foam green that has shells and seahorses all over it. The top is a bandeau and her stomach is showing. Just curious where anyone could ever wear this? This isn't Vogue. Give us stuff we can actually wear. I'm far too practical for high fashion. Forever 21 for me please. 
Check out the Pinterest Board for more ideas on flats!
Caroline 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE flats. I wear little no-show Sperry socks with mine to avoid blisters. And I've been looking for nude flats, too! Let me know if you find any cute, cheap ones. :)

    ReplyDelete