Wednesday, April 18, 2012

For the love of shoes

If my feet could talk, they would say, "Caroline, stop buying shoes that don't fit!" And I'd reply, "I'm sorry, but I just can't make you that promise. What if they're on sale?"
These shoes were $9 at Forever 21 last summer. The sixes were too small and hurt and the sevens were a tad too big. I went with the sevens despite being a consistent six.

Forgive the Blackberry camera 

I guess I thought I would grow into them, which would have been a miracle since I have not grown since fifth grade, but I was shocked when I broke them out for the first time this season on Monday and they were still too big.
I really wanted to wear them since they matched my outfit sooo well, but the strap started driving me crazy and I couldn't take it anymore. I was about to go home and change, when I had an idea. I took my pen and stabbed another hole in the strap, fastened it and now they feel fine. Viola, the $9 sandals are saved.

Fascinating stuff, I know.

2 comments:

  1. I've done this before. But any pair that doesn't fit right ends up hurting too much. Over the winter my feet shrunk and I had to go down a half size. Now the two amazing pairs of 7.5 pumps I bought are way too tight! Is that reason enough to buy two more pairs of shoes? Yes. I think it is.
    Enjoy your new sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i like your determination :) xoxo linds of www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete