Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Payday Holla Holla

I should really be studying for my journalism exam, but I don't feel like it! Anyway, I got paid today, so that's exciting! I really have to think long and hard before making a purchase (except candy) and I'm usually pretty smart with my money. As a blossoming economic genius, I'm realizing sometimes it's actually smart to spend a little more money on something. It's called an investment. For example, I thought almost $50 for a computer case was a little ridic, but I shopped around and found one for $37.00, which I still thought was expensive because I am honestly surprised when anything is more than $7, I ended up buying the case because I drop and spill things all the time and I wanted to protect my computer. So in other words, I made an investment in a my computer (and it's pink and looks super cute!) I could talk about opportunity cost here, but I'll spare you. Anyway, there are a few things that I am willing to pay more for to ensure good quality and a good investment. Here's a list :)
1. My hair. I once let my grandma highlight my hair. Notice I said once. It was orange. So while it was worth spending an afternoon hanging out with her, there is a HUGE difference between an $8 box of dye from Wal-Mart and $24 for highlights at Beauty Brands. I don't do it often, but when I do spend the money, I feel much better knowing a professional did it.
2. My new Camelback water bottle. I had this fantastic, giant water bottle for a year and a half that said "The Voice" on it, but it recently broke. I mostly liked it because "The Voice" was my high school newspaper and I was Editor-in-Chief. But it's time to move on. Plus, like I said, it broke and I cannot live without a water bottle! The bookstore didn't have much of a selection. This water bottle was $20 and I was like surely you are kidding, but the more I thought about it, I have probably spent at least $20 on cheap water bottles that I break, so I decided to get a more expensive one that will a) actually hold up b) fit in my backpack c) and has a straw! Anyway, I'm obsessed.
3. Backpack- I have a Swiss Army backpack and I don't remember how much it was. I just remember I was so pissed because my really cute black and pink backpack with a "C" on it ripped right through the bottom and that was kind of tacky to carry around. So instead of buying another cheap backpack, we got a nicer one that has lasted me 5 years and is still going strong!

I could probably write more, but I need to study and this is making me want to go online shopping. Anyway, I'll have to tell you all about my budget on some other post.

Here's a picture of Lia really excited to be on my blog. Earlier she tried to deny she was obsessed with my blog. A picture is a worth a thousand words, people. I'll let you interpret the pic for yourselves.

Make it rain ya'll,
Carenpants

No comments:

Post a Comment